The Student Enterprise Service runs a number of workshops every year, two of which are designed to help you source funding to start your business.
- Finding Investment: Information on how to approach investors for funding.
- Whilst the main one is finding investment, the others all help you to develop a well rounded business which in turn supports you when applying for funding.
For more information on any of the workshops or to book either email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the events page and follow the links to book.
The Student Enterprise Service can offer support to write your business plan. A Business plan is quite often a requirement for loans and grant funding. It is also a useful tool to research and plan your business idea and check its viability before you go ahead.
We have business planning workshops to help you complete your business plan and maximise your investment potential. Our workshops are focused around BMC ( a 1 page business plan) as we have responded to feedback that this is the most practical way of mapping out a business idea on the initial stages in particular. However, if needed we can support you to complete a traditional formal business plan if needed using our template.
We also offer specialised enterprise mentoring for a more individualised approach to your business plan.
We run various funding schemes to help you start your business.
For more information on the schemes currently running please email email@example.com
There are various regional and national grants available to all kinds of businesses whether you are at a pre-start, start-up or growing business stage.
The Business Lincolnshire website has a grant scheme finder allowing you to search for local, regional and national grant schemes that may apply to your business.
Business Lincolnshire Grant Scheme Finder link:
Grant schemes often have strict eligibility criteria and a lengthy application process. Here at Student Enterprise we can help you interpret and navigate this process and support you with your application.
For more information and support please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lincolnshire Investment Network
Lincolnshire Investment Network (LIN) is funded by Lincolnshire County Council and the University of Lincoln and is a free service aims to bring together businesses, investors and professional service throughout Lincolnshire.
If your business:
- Has an innovative or unique product or service.
- Is scalable with the potential for growth.
- Has a Credible and committed team or owner.
- Seeks investment between £25,000 - £1million for legitimate purposes.
Then the LIN could be an option to help fund your business growth through:
- Learning about equity investment and how it can help you grow your business.
- Introduce you and your business to investors at local events.
- Network with professional and investors to build a strong support network and raise funding.
For more information and to apply please contact email@example.com
We have a number of factsheets available to provide information on the different funding routes for both starting and running a business along with useful hints and tips to know when accessing the specific type of funding. For example here are just some of the factsheet titles we have available:
- Sources of Finance for Starting a business
- Government Financial Support for businesses
- An Introduction to Approaching Business Angels