Internship Funding Schemes
The Careers & Employability Service facilitates funding through various programmes designed to support employers recruit our talented students and graduates.
If you are looking for a low-cost, low-risk boost to your business, a graduate internship could be the ideal solution. Graduate internships can help your business to grow and develop in a number of ways, including providing business support, assisting with income generation, delivering a marketing strategy or developing your website. Whether you have a specific project to complete or simply need additional resource in key areas of your business, a graduate intern could be the answer.
Graduates can bring a range of benefits to your business:
- Experience and subject specific knowledge gained from their degree course
- Ready to put their knowledge into practice
- New and creative ideas gained from their studies, being challenged to think differently during their course to continue this within the workplace
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to change to provide greater support to your business
- Developed core transferable skills from their course, part time work and extra-curricular activities, such as written and oral communication, teamwork, problem solving and organisational skills
Details of the current schemes are outlined below. Please contact us directly to discuss your requirements and we can explore which scheme would be best for you and your business.
The University of Lincoln Internship Funding Scheme
Open to any business, of any size and in any location this funding is available to support businesses recruiting a University of Lincoln graduate for a role of 3 months, 20 hours per week on at least National Minimum Wage or above. Find out more in the scheme’s briefing sheet.
Productivity Programme for Greater Lincolnshire Funding Scheme
This scheme is available to Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire & North East Lincolnshire based & registered SMEs with 250 or less employees and an annual turnover of less than £50 million. Roles must be paid and funding provided is available up to £3000 for a 6 month role. Find out more in the scheme’s briefing sheet below.
Please note: Due to the high volume of interest in the funding scheme packages, availability and allocation of the funding is not confirmed or provided until the completion and exchange of the relevant internship agreement.