Universities Business Competition
- Interested in the environment?
- Want to know about how an eco-business might run?
- Thinking about going freelance or starting a company?
The Universities Business Challenge is an annual business competition with teams from different universities competing against each other.
All undergraduate students from all backgrounds and disciplines can take part
This year the company has an eco focus – its aim is to reduce the amount of plastic flip flops and plastic shoes produced, sold and discarded that end up in the sea and in landfill.
Teams compete and run a series of realistic, simulated businesses:
- Round 1 – run on-line over the internet for 6 weeks from November to December
- Round 2 – live one-day regional Semi-Finals
- Round 3 – live one-day Grand Final
Why get involved?
- Gives business knowledge than can help students who want to work freelance or set up their own company
- Develops global employability and enterprise skills
- Students build their profile and add something significant to their CV
- Each team member is presented with a Certificate of Participation which can be added to co-curricular record as evidence of employability & enterprise skills development
- Opportunity to meet leading graduate employers
Who can take part?
- Undergraduate students from all disciplines can sign up to be part of this year’s University of Lincoln team.
- The University will then create 1 team of 5.
When does it happen?
- Teams start working together in November, meeting weekly to solve the business challenge.
- After December successful team go through to the semi finals and the final is in March
We’re committed to creating inclusive opportunities and encourage applications from students from a variety of diverse backgrounds
To apply, fill out this application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: Sunday 7th November 11p.m