Finding employment and training opportunities can be a stressful time for any student or graduate, without having to think about the cost these opportunities may bring. Interviews, assessment centres and work experience can all cause financial strain, but the Careers and Employability team may be able to help. Get a head start with your career journey by applying for funding.
Receive up to £500 to support multiple opportunities – for example travel, accommodation, interview clothing and even relocation for a new job.Its a simple, quick application process and you can receive support from the Careers team throughout the application.
Am i Eligible?
There is eligibility criteria. You may be eligible if you fall into any of the below categories:
- Home postcode where few students go to University
- Parent/carer household income of less than £25,000
- Parent/carer did not go to University
- Student carer
- Lived in local authority care or estranged from family
- Has a physical or mental disability (does not include specific learning difference, such as dyslexia)
- Independent students (mature students), as defined by Student Finance England
- Students from black and ethnic minority groups (depending on home postcode/ household income of less than £42,641)
- If you are a Postgraduate student, you must be studying a taught course.
How do I apply?
If you do not fall into any of these eligibility criteria, there may still be financial support for you via Student Services, so do get in touch with them.
Download an information pack and a funding application form to find out more, or call into the careers centre to ask for a confidential appointment. Alternatively simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to Becki Cobb, Access & Participation Careers Advisor to find out more.
This funding is only available to Home and EU students. Each application is assessed on a case by case basis.