Assessment Centre Experience
All our Pathway Reflection and Assessment Centres will be delivered online at this time.
Upcoming Assessment Centres
Here are the upcoming Assessment Centre dates for Semester A:
- Wednesday 1st December 2021, 2-4:30pm
- Wednesday 15th December 2021, 2-4:30pm
These are all bookable now through your digital pathway on CareerLinc. If you have any issues booking please email us by clicking here and we will be happy to help.
A further 7 assessment centres will run between January and June and dates will be available soon.
Information you will need to complete a remote Assessment Centre;
- You will need to have access to a phone and the internet
- You will still be assessed in the same way as a physical assessment centre; using our Lincoln Award scoring criteria
- You will receive feedback afterwards by email (within 7 days) on a Lincoln Award feedback summary sheet
- Please keep the whole 2 hour slot free although you will not be assessed for the whole 2 hours
- You will be given a time for a 15 minute telephone interview- one of the assessors will call you at this time.
- You will also be given a time for your written exercise. This will be a word document for you to read and complete. This will be emailed to you and you will have 30 minutes to complete and 5 minutes to return the word document to us.
- The times for your interview and written exercise will be provided to you in advance.
- Staff from the Careers team will be available live by email and by phone for the duration of the Assessment Centre to answer any questions.
What to expect from an Assessment Centre
You will be scored on all activities and the pass mark must be reached in order to complete the Lincoln Award. You will receive an email with the outcome of the Assessment Centre Experience within two working days. Feedback on your performance in all areas will be available. If you fail the Assessment Centre Experience you will be fully supported at a one-to-one appointment with a Skills Adviser to discuss your feedback. You will also be able to attend one more Assessment Centre to attempt to pass and complete the Lincoln Award.
All Assessment Centre Experiences will run with an employer who currently recruits graduates. The feedback you receive will reflect the current labour market.
The Assessment Centre Experience will include the following:-
You will be sent a link to complete this activity which will give you insight into your personality and helps you understand how your results and others impact a working environment. You will be asked one interview question based on your results.
You will be emailed a written exercise and given a set amount of time. This is an individual exercise and you must follow the instructions and complete the tasks. These may include exercises such as in-tray or prioritising tasks, proofing some writing for mistakes or asking you to write a summary based on information. These exercises are usually designed to test skills such as; ability to prioritise, attention to detail and written communication skills.
You will have a 15 minute phone interview. This will be competency based questions and you will be scored on most areas covered in your Skills Assessment. As in any interview you will need to communicate specific examples and remember to use STAR technique!
You will be supported throughout the Lincoln Award to attempt the Assessment Centre Experience and you will receive full feedback afterwards.
How To Book
To book onto an Assessment Centre Experience, please email; email@example.com