Assessment Centre Experience
All our Pathway Reflection and Assessment Centres will be delivered online at this time.
Upcoming Assessment Centres
Here are the upcoming Assessment Centre dates for this academic year:
- Wednesday 11th May, 2-5pm
- Wednesday 25th May 2022, 10am-1pm
- Tuesday 7th June, 2-5pm
- Tuesday 28th June 2022, 2-5pm
These are all bookable now through your digital pathway on CareerLinc. If you have any issues booking please email us by clicking here and we will be happy to help.
Information you will need to complete a Lincoln Award Assessment Centre;
- All our Assessment Centres are currently being delivered online- you will need access to the internet
- Each of our Assessment Centres is partnered with an employer to provide a realistic experience
- You will be sent a preparation email 7 days before the event- preparation will be for context and not any particular tasks
- 1 day before the event you will be sent an email with times and joining links for all activities
- You will be assessed using our Lincoln Award scoring criteria
- Please keep the whole 3 hour slot free although you will not be assessed for the whole 3 hours
- You will receive feedback afterwards by email (within 7 days) on a Lincoln Award feedback summary sheet
- Staff from the Careers team will be available live by email and by phone for the duration of the Assessment Centre to answer any questions.
What to expect from an Assessment Centre
You will be scored on all activities and the pass mark must be reached in order to complete the Lincoln Award. You will receive an email with the outcome of the Assessment Centre Experience within two working days. Feedback on your performance in all areas will be available. If you fail the Assessment Centre Experience you will be fully supported at a one-to-one appointment with a Skills Adviser to discuss your feedback. You will also be able to attend one more Assessment Centre to attempt to pass and complete the Lincoln Award.
All Assessment Centre Experiences will run with an employer who currently recruits graduates. The feedback you receive will reflect the current labour market.
The Assessment Centre Experience will include the following:-
You will receive a joining link for a group task. This will be a 30 minute task provided by an assessor with full instructions. You will be assessed on your individual performance using the Lincoln Award scoring criteria.
You will complete a 15 minute video interview. This will be based on the role you have been sent to prepare for and feature competency and strengths-based questions. The interview will be assessing your skills (your skills assessment is great preparation) and will not include any technical questions. All job roles used for the Assessment Centre Experience are open to students from any discipline. As in any interview you will need to communicate specific examples and remember to use STAR technique!
You will be emailed a written exercise and given a set amount of time. This is an individual exercise and you must follow the instructions and complete the tasks. These may include exercises such as in-tray or prioritising tasks, proofing some writing for mistakes or asking you to write a summary based on information. These exercises are usually designed to test skills such as; ability to prioritise, attention to detail and written communication skills.