Virtual Work Experience
Virtual work experience can be a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and experience. As well as providing insight into job roles and organisations it can also give you access to some of the biggest global employers for future job roles.
Forage- Remote work experiences
We have partnered with Forage to offer students a huge range of virtual work experience opportunities with some of the top global employers. There are around 100 virtual experiences to choose from- there is no cost, and you can complete as many as you like. Each program is around a 5-8 hour time commitment.
How does it work?
- Recruiters from global organisations create virtual experience programs to train and look for the best candidates to hire.
- Sign up with your University email address and complete any program at your own pace to gain real world work experience.
- If you apply for a job after completing a program, Forage data shows your chances of being hired are now 2- 5 times higher!
Set up your profile now to get started:
To use virtual work experience for a 20-point Lincoln Award Develop activity you need to do the following:
- Complete 2 programs with Forage.
- Submit the reflection document on your Lincoln Award digital pathway in the Develop-Employability Activity section.
Paperound – Remote paid work experiences
Paperound.com connects university students with paid ad-hoc work for UK start-ups and SMEs. This is a great way to pick up flexible work and build your experience while at university.
You can set their own availability and hourly price, and companies will book you in to complete work on a task-by-task basis. All the work is completed remotely, and payment is made securely through the platform once you have completed the task.
To read more about Paperound and sign up, head to the website.