Skip to main content Skip to footer

This section of the website is devoted to live Q&A sessions with our own advisers or external employers. We will promote the Live Q&A’s in advance and you can also access session archives below.

Campus Jobs Right to Work ID Checklist


A Right to Work check is a legal requirement, and although as a temporary measure due to COVID-19 restrictions, Campus Jobs are permitted to accept scans or copies of ID, providing we verify them against the originals in video call, this will be changing from Monday 21st June 2021, reverting back to the historic process, whereby Campus Jobs will be unable to accept scans or copies, and a member of the team needing to see students and their ID in person for a valid Right to Work check to take place.

From Monday 21st June 2021, all Right to Work checks will be carried out in the Careers Centre, Ground Floor of the University Library as a drop-in during the following times, there will be no need to book:

  • Monday:              10:00 – 12:00
  • Wednesday:        10:00 – 12:00
  • Friday:                 10:00 – 12:00

Please see the link to a page in the website below for details of the change. Government Update on Right to Work Checks

If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, and arrived in the UK before 31st December 2020, you can continue to use your passport or National ID card to prove you can work in the UK until 30th June 2021, after which you will need to apply for settlement status if you are to continue to work. For queries or more information on this, please e-mail


Campus Jobs ID Checklist

Please note that for the purpose of a Right to Work check a driving licence is not classed as valid ID.

Should your student name be different to that of your ID, you will also need to provide an official document to evidence this change, i.e. a marriage certificate or name change deed.

For your information, please see below for a list of acceptable ID that can be used, and select your ID from one of the 3 sections in the table below.


1. Choose one piece of ID from the list below:

  • Current Valid passport (Including Visa / Work Permit if required)
  • Biometric Residence Permit
  • EU National ID card
  • Right to Work Share Code



2. An expired British passport is a valid piece of ID, however you will also need to bring in evidence of your National Insurance number, which will need to be one of the examples below:

  • P45
  • P60
  • National Insurance Card
  • An official letter or document from a government agency e.g. HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, or the Social Security Agency in Northern Ireland) or previous employer.
  • Please note, that for the purpose of a Right to Work check, a wage slip is not classed as valid evidence of a National Insurance number.



3. If you are a British Citizen and do not have a passport, providing it is issued in the UK, please bring in a birth or adoption certificate along with one document from the above list to evidence your National Insurance number.