Lincoln Award Employer Information
What and Why?
- The Lincoln Award is our employability framework designed to support students develop and learn how to demonstrate their employability skills.
- We have around 1500 students active each year- it is a rolling programme (graduation is the only deadline).
- Every student completing the award has to pass the “Assessment Centre Experience” (based on our scoring criteria). We are aiming to have at least 300 students complete this year.
Full details can be found here;
Providing the Assessment Centre Experience is a great way for employers to raise their profile on campus- it gets your organisation and job roles in front of students…expect to see your application numbers rise! Many times employers have been so impressed with our students on the award they have fast tracked them through their actual recruitment process!
How can you get involved?
- Commit to a date and time; the Assessment Centre Experience is a 2 hour session.
- Provide a role for students to prepare from; this could be a placement or graduate role you are currently recruiting for or a past role.
- Provide resources to use based on your own recruitment if you wish; otherwise we can provide some resources.
- Timetable the session and reserve a car parking space for you.
- Book all the activities (based on a schedule agreed with you).
- Send the students some preparation information based on the role provided; this could be information on your website or a job description or advert.
- Produce the Lincoln Award scoring resources to use on the day.
What happens on the day?
- Conduct a 5 minute welcome presentation introducing your company.
- Take part in scoring either a written exercise, a group exercise or interviewing (your preference).
- Score each student on a Lincoln Award score sheet provided.
- Collate feedback and email all students with their score and a feedback summary.
- Offer any students who failed (based on the Lincoln Award scoring criteria) further support and the chance to retry the Assessment Centre Experience at a later date.
For more information on the Lincoln Award Assessment Centre Activities and scoring criteria, see the link below;
If you would like to get involved in the Lincoln Award please contact Jessica Shields, Student Employability & Careers Centre Manager;