- This event has passed.
How to get a graduate job with the RAF
1st November 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Come along and meet the recruitment team from the RAF to find out about careers within the RAF. They will share with you insights on the specialist areas they recruit to, such as:
- air operations — as a pilot and weapons systems officer, where you’ll take part in flying sorties, reconnaissance, and search and rescue duties
- operations support — as an air traffic and aerospace battle manager or flight operations officer, where you’ll provide target information, coordinate refuelling, digitally map terrain and plan missions
- engineering and logistics — as an aircraft and communications engineer, where you’ll commission new aircraft, service fleets and manage resources and supplies
- support services — as a catering, security or training officer, where you’ll provide day-to-day services for staff at RAF bases and in the field during operations
- professions — as a medical, dental or nursing officer, where you’ll manage specialist teams working in support of the service
The areas of responsibility are split into squadrons, and you’ll manage a squadron with other officers who have also earned their rank or 'commission'.
You could move from Pilot Officer to Flying Officer, then Flight Lieutenant. You'll need to compete for promotion beyond the role of Flight Lieutenant. If you’re a graduate, you may be able to get a faster promotion through the ranks.
You could move into a wide range of careers once you leave the RAF. Your career choices will depend on your skills, training and qualifications.
RAF graduate recruitment website: https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/graduates.
Come along to this event to find out more. Book here- https://careers.lincoln.ac.uk/leap/event.html?id=607&service=Careers+Service
You can also find their current vacancies and apply for them here- https://careers.lincoln.ac.uk/leap/jobSearch.html?id=4729&service=Careers+Service