- This event has passed.
Exploring Careers in Lincolnshire and East Lindsey
August 29 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Job-hunting in the local area? Let us help you!
Get involved in an opportunity to improve your employability and meet local recruiting employers. Be quick- the deadline is 16th August and spaces are limited. Read more below and email email@example.com for an application form.
Calling all recent graduates* looking for local employment!
*Graduation year 2018 or 2019
If you're looking for graduate employment in the local area, get involved in our two-part opportunity, designed to support your career planning and future plans, particularly supporting employment within the East Lindsey and wider Lincolnshire region.
- Build Resilience: break your own boundaries using practical techniques and group coaching
- Learn about industries and employment opportunities in East Lindsey
- Discover the art of networking and build communication skills
- Learn about wider support available and take your very own action plan away
Part one - 29th August 2019, from 10am- an informal workshop on campus designed to hone your career planning skills and knowledge of Lincolnshire industries.
Part two- a visit with the careers team to Lincolnshire businesses, giving you the chance to meet professionals face to face and put your new skills into practice (date TBC).
We have capacity for 10 students on this programme. If you fit at least one of the following criteria please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. Complete the form and return to email@example.com. The deadline for application is Friday 16th August 2019.
- From an area where very few people go into Higher Education
- Home household income less than £25,000 per year
- Parent(s)/carer(s) do not have a University level qualification
- Look after somebody at home who has a mental/physical health difficulty
- Estranged from family / lived in the care of local authority in the past
- Living with a physical and/or mental disability
- Mature / independent student
- Students with Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic heritage
We will be able to cover transport costs for participants travelling to and from Lincoln for the on-campus workshop. Transport will be organised for the business visits.
Why are there eligibility criteria for this opportunity?
This opportunity is funded by a specific University resource that is designed to support students from diverse backgrounds. We have strict eligibility criteria that we must follow when reporting on this funding. Please contact the Careers and Employability team if you would like to discuss this further. We will consider applications from students outside of the criteria – any personal information given through the application process will only be shared between members of the Careers and Employability team and will not be shared externally without your permission.
What are we looking for in the applications?
- You meet at least one of the eligibility criteria listed
- You have a genuine interest in exploring careers within and outside of your discipline and within East Lindsey or wider Lincolnshire
- You have engaged with Careers and Employability and/or course related activities outside of your usual course requirements
- You will be willing to stay in touch with the Careers Service after the event to share your feedback and next steps
How does the application process work?
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. Complete and return your application form to the Careers team. If you need some support in completing any part of it, please get in touch or come into the careers centre. The deadline for application is Friday 16th August 2019
- This is not a ‘first come, first served’ process, so all applications will be considered equally prior to the workshop commencing. A panel will meet to look at which applications best meet the eligibility criteria.
- You will then be notified within 2 working weeks regarding the outcome of your application. Where appropriate we may start a ‘reserve’ list for students still wishing to be considered, in case of drop out.
Any queries, please get in touch with the careers team on email@example.com .