WHAT IS SCITT?
School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) is a school based teacher training route leading to ‘Qualified Teacher Status’ (QTS), and in most cases, the Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) award. The course generally lasts one year, and the training is completed within at least two schools, enabling you to learn ‘on the job’.
WHY CHOOSE OUR PARTNERSHIP?
Choosing to complete your SCITT with St George’s Academy Partnership offers the following benefits:
- You choose your ‘base’ school. By applying through UCAS to a specific school, we ensure a ‘best fit’ which meets your individual circumstances.
- Primary or secondary training is available, and we have a number of partnership schools available in both.
- Gain your PGCE with the University of Lincoln.
- Receive extensive support and access to an unparalleled resource of experienced teaching staff.
- Ofsted has rated the training programme “Good” overall and “Outstanding” for Leadership and Management.
Explore primary and Secondary training routes further online.