The Student Enterprise Service runs a number of workshops every year, two of which are designed to help you source funding to start your business.
- Finding Investment: Information on how to approach investors for funding.
- Crowd Funding: The basics of how to run a crowd funding campaign and exclusive access to a platform to trial you crowd funding campaign with fellow University of Lincoln students recent graduates.
For more information on any of the workshops or to book either email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the events page and follow the links to book.
The Student Enterprise Service can offer support to write your business plan. A Business plan is quite often a requirement for loans and grant funding. It is also a useful tool to research and plan your business idea and check its viability before you go ahead.
We have both beginner and advanced business planning workshops to help you complete your business plan and maximise your investment potential.
We also offer specialised enterprise mentoring for a more individualised approach to your business plan.
The Student Enterprise service runs various bursary schemes open to final year students and graduates, running all year round offering mentoring, training and funding to help you start your business.
For more information on the schemes currently running please email email@example.com
There are various regional and national grants available to all kinds of businesses whether you are at a pre-start, start-up or growing business stage.
The Business Lincolnshire website has a grant scheme finder allowing you to search for local, regional and national grant schemes that may apply to your business.
Business Lincolnshire Grant Scheme Finder link:
Grant schemes often have strict eligibility criteria and a lengthy application process. Here at Student Enterprise we can help you interpret and navigate this process and support you with your application.
For more information and support please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lincolnshire Investment Network
Lincolnshire Investment Network (LIN) is funded by Lincolnshire County Council and the University of Lincoln and is a free service aims to bring together businesses, investors and professional service throughout Lincolnshire.
If your business:
- Has an innovative or unique product or service.
- Is scalable with the potential for growth.
- Has a Credible and committed team or owner.
- Seeks investment between £25,000 - £1million for legitimate purposes.
Then the LIN could be an option to help fund your business growth through:
- Learning about equity investment and how it can help you grow your business.
- Introduce you and your business to investors at local events.
- Network with professional and investors to build a strong support network and raise funding.
We also work with Catalyst Founders. An external investment company who can offer up to £50,000 investment in your business or idea in return for a percentage of equity in your business. This is investment is only available to non-tech based businesses.
Along with the investment they also offer:
- Expert initial and ongoing support with business plan and strategy.
- A young mentor with relevant skills and recent experience.
- A virtual members club, providing networking opportunities and the sharing of best practice.
- A founders 'toolkit'; from web development and branding to accounting and legal support, CF have access to a wide range of deeply discounted services to best equip a budding entrepreneur.
- Long term relationship with no end date and support with future entrepreneurial endeavours.
For more information on either scheme and to apply please contact email@example.com