Looking for that little something to give your CV the extra oomph?
Getting a Graduate job is getting tougher each year and we want to make sure that you have the best chance possible of getting your dream job.
There are plenty of extracurricular activities you can get involved in to beef up your CV, but none come quite as close as becoming a Student Trustee.
Yes, the name is a little boring, but this is such an integral role of the Students’ Union, a multi-million pound organisation.
Now, being a part of creating and reviewing the strategic direction of a company is pretty impressive, being a part of a team which holds an organisation accountable for its actions requires a lot of responsibility but not necessarily a lot of your time.
Interested? Lincoln SU have several positions open to become a student trustee in a variety areas of the company from the Charity Sector to the Commercial Venues.
The aim is to have students from various courses and backgrounds to oversee the running of the Students’ Union.
Here are some of the main tasks required for Student Trustees
- To ensure there is an appropriate mission, vision and values statement in place.
- To participate in formulating and regularly reviewing the strategic direction of the organisation.
- To ensure we meet the legal and financial requirements of a registered charity and students’ union.
- To ensure our policies and activities constitute good practice and are in keeping with our aims.
- To ensure the long term financial stability of ULSU.
- To ensure our resources are used to best effect.There are three different areas we are trying to fill so if you want to make your SU work for you then there are plenty of opportunities.
Find out more about the roles and how you can apply at lincolnsu.com/studenttrustee