Graduate - Finance Development Programme (4 positions - Summer 2019 start)
Location: United Kingdom – 4 x 6mth Rotations
Closing date 31stDecember 2018
First round shortlisting October – December 2018
Second round shortlisting 1st– 13thJanuary 2019
Assessment Centre Week commencing 28thJanuary 2019
Explore this unique opportunity to join a global power leader - graduate roles in Finance with Cummins across its UK Operations are now open for final year students and graduates.
Cummins are global leaders in the clean engine, alternative fuel, power generation, turbocharging and emissions solutions markets.
Cummins is the only team of dependable, innovative individuals that work in a diverse, inclusive,ethics-based environment who create and deliverthe world’s leading engine technology while developing careers doing impactful, collaborative work, empowering them to make a positive contribution to aglobal population in need of clean power solutions.
Today, innovation is just as critical to our success as it was in the early days of our Company. With our mature market emissions near zero, our focus now is on improving product efficiency and understanding our customers’ needs better than anyone else through the development of strong partnerships.
What makes Cummins different is the way in which we take the time to understand our customers and then exceed their expectations by always being the first to market with the best products. The other advantage Cummins has over the competition is that we produce and supply superior integrated power systems, making us a one-stop shop for all of our customers’ needs.
With its diverse businesses and broad international reach allied with a proven ‘hire to develop’ strategy, Cummins offers graduates an environment where structured development opportunities lead to long term, exciting and flexible career pathways.
This is typified by the Finance Development Programme which is designed to provide high calibre graduates the opportunity to gain experience in the key business areas of:
- Internal Audit & Controls
- Transactional Accounting
- Plant Operations
- Planning, Forecasting and Reporting
….all underpinned with structured support, coaching and mentoring which has been hallmarked stamped through the accreditation as Quality Training Partners with Both CIMA and ACCA
The Finance Development Programme (FDP) is a two year programme consisting of 4 rotations, each of 6mths duration and covering the above identified key business areas across the range of Cummins UK Finance locations in Cambridgeshire, County Durham, West Yorkshire and Northamptonshire.
- Learns the Cummins Finance approach through contributions to projects, team meetings and key Finance routines.
- Drives self-development including progression towards appropriate professional certification.
- Completes assigned tasks within the Finance including project and programme support
- Lead key projects in each rotational area with responsibility for delivering expected results with in the rotational timeframe.
- Assist with monthly and annual account reconciliation and close activities.
- Prepares statistical reporting, including financial performance, variance explanations and cost analysis.
- Help identify and progress process improvement opportunities
- A comprehensive induction programme,
- Specific training and development as needed for the role/rotation
- Support, including funding, towards professional study and examinations
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated individuals who are innovative, driven to succeed and with a passion to challenge the status quo.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in Accounting and Finance preferred.
A second European language would be highly desirable
Relevant work experience desired, such as a 12 month industrial or summer placement or other pertinent work experience.
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Darlington-UK, Darlington, Cummins Engine Co Ltd
Other Locations United Kingdom-England-Northamptonshire-UK, Daventry, Cummins Co Ltd, United Kingdom-England-Cambridgeshire-UK, Peterborough, EMEA Cummins Generator Tech, United Kingdom-England-West Yorkshire-UK, Huddersfield, CTT St Andrew's Road
Job Type College / University
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Entry Level
Job Posting Sep 4, 2018, 3:12:09 AM
Unposting Date Dec 31, 2018, 5:59:00 PM
Req ID: 18000625
Please follow the link below to apply