Market inn Ltd. - Lincoln
£18,000 – Starting salary
Full time, Permanent
9.00am – 17.00pm, Monday – Friday, with flexibility after probation
Have you graduated from the University of Lincoln in the last 3 years?
Are you waiting for an exciting opportunity to become a Digital Marketing Specialist?
Are you passionate about both marketing and the hospitality industry?
Are you friendly and approachable, and able to build trust and relationships easily?
At Market inn we put our clients first, always going above and beyond for them. We are very proud of, and work very hard to maintain, our strong brand as we believe wholeheartedly that:
“Our brand is what people say about us when we’re not in the room.”
We are currently looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist who can continue this ethos and join our highly creative and busy team to perform a crucial role.
- Serves the marketing needs of hospitality businesses
- Rapidly expanding by successfully growing businesses of all shapes and sizes within this exciting industry
- Provides a highly creative, strategic and bespoke approach to client business growth
- Passionate about creating happy clients by having a thirst for knowledge
- Based in a prime location in Lincoln City Centre with great transport links and local amenities
- And we don’t bite (only oranges)!
Digital Marketing Specialist duties will include:
- Managing the digital marketing activities of our clients
- Regularly monitoring and assessing overall performance
- Management of client relationships including maintaining constant communication with clients regarding day to day activities and overall performance
- Strategically managing digital campaigns to exceed customer expectations and potential
- Translating creative ideas into strategy leading to return on investment (ROI) for clients
We anticipate and will highly value your input to the development of Market inn in all the following areas:
- The company’s knowledge base and development of services
- Contributing to the development and building of proposals to delight our existing and potential clients
- Continuous generation of a fresh serving of ideas for both Market inn and clients
- Design and delivery of marketing strategy across multiple clients
In order to be successful in this role, you must be client focussed (if you haven’t already figured this out), able to build trust, confident with social media, highly organised, creative, and motivated, capable of strategic decision making, and of course passionate about both marketing and the hospitality industry. You will need to be able to manage your own workload, to meet tight deadlines, and be an effective team player. You must be highly professional with the ability to maintain client confidentiality. (Yes that’s a lot but we have high standards to maintain!)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Market inn family at a very exciting time and help shape its vision of the future!
Person Specification/Selection Criteria – Digital Marketing Specialist
(evidenced on your application)
- Relevant University of Lincoln honours degree in marketing or related subject within the last three years
- GCSE English and Maths Grades A-C (or equivalent)
(evidenced on your application and/or in the interview)
- Experience of having worked in hospitality or a related area
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
(evidenced on your application and/or in the interview)
- Able to develop effective and productive relationships with clients at all stages of contact
- Excellent understanding of content writing and social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised with ability to manage own workload as well as others where necessary
- Effective time management, ability to plan ahead and be able to meet tight deadlines
- Able to work effectively both independently and in a team
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Evidence of strategic decision making
- Able to contribute to overall development
- Familiarity with creative cloud programmes
- Understanding of search engine optimisation (SEO) and its impact
(evidenced on your application, in the interview and/or from your references)
- Commitment to the hospitality industry and passionate about our brand
- Highly creative
- Optimistic, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to build trust
- Genuine interest and care in achieving client success
- Highly professional with ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Attention to detail and responsible decision making
- Flexible and adaptable
- Curious natured and committed to personal development
You absolutely need these to be able to do the job
If you’ve got these too then they will help you stand out from other applicants
How to Apply
We’d like to see:
- Your CV – Be creative, we aren’t restricted by tradition here so use your imagination, but ensure it is tailored to the requirements of the role
2. A 2-5 min video presentation in which you explain how you will contribute to making Market inn the ‘go to’ hospitality marketing destination
Send applications to us at:
Address: Market inn, Sparkhouse, Rope Walk, Lincoln, LN6 7DQ
Or through any of our social media platforms, which we will trust you to find yourself, after all it will be key to the role.
We do things differently here at Market inn, so if you’re selected for interview don’t expect the traditional panel; be prepared to use and demonstrate your creative skills and be asked about how you approach tasks, as well as the learning you take from it afterwards. We definitely want do-ers, but those who learn and develop too.
All applications must be received by 17.00pm on Friday 21st September 2018 (if you can’t meet deadlines you won’t succeed in this role!).
Interviews will be held early in October.
We very much look forward to receiving your application and seeing how you will fit into the Market inn family!