Industry: Food & fresh produce
Size: Small (Less that 50 employees)
Average yearly graduate intake: 30
Locations of roles offered: Graduates move to different businesses each 6 months so could be based anywhere in the UK with some opportunities abroad.
Accepted degrees: All (2.1 or above preferred or 2.2 if relevant experience)
Citizenship/eligibility: We are unfortunately unable to sponsor visas.
Website: (URL) http://www.mds-ltd.co.uk
MDS is a not for profit that offers a graduate scheme in the food and fresh produce industry. We work on behalf of 30+ different businesses who are looking to attract and develop talent in the industry.
Not sure what career path is right for you?
Like the sound of a fast-paced and innovative industry?
Dead set on a career in fresh produce?
If you can answer “yes” to any of the above questions then MDS is a great place to start your career. We offer a graduate scheme with a difference in the Food and Fresh Produce industry. You won’t be stuck in one job, or even one company for the duration of the scheme; you’ll be moved around different roles in various business over two years gaining much sought after experience. At the end of the programme you will have built up the skills, knowledge, confidence and contacts to secure yourself a challenging role within the industry.
More about the industry
Ever wondered how your chips made it to your plate? Or how blueberries are transported half way across the world to end up on supermarket shelves? The Fresh Produce industry is the driving force behind these supply chains. Often overshadowed by supermarkets and food manufacturers, the food and fresh produce industry is like the behind the scenes production team of a Hollywood film: you know it is there but what it actually does is a mystery to many. The truth is that it is varied, wide-reaching and, most importantly, absolutely fundamental to the survival of modern societies.
The industry is a buzzing assortment of procurement, new product development, agronomy, finance, engineering, production, commercial, HR and many, many more opportunities. The MDS graduate scheme is the gateway to this exciting industry.
What’s in it for you?
- Four different roles with real responsibility within member companies across the UK, with the possibility of overseas roles
- Valuable experience within a fast-paced and innovative industry which is actively seeking fresh talent
- 27 formal training days from renowned training providers such as Cranfield School of Management and IGD
- Access to an extensive network of companies and industry contacts
- Personal mentoring from MDS staff and secondment managers at all placements to support you throughout the programme
- Workplace pension
- Excellent and diverse career prospects. Farm Manager, Agronomist, Marketing specialist or Procurement Manager: the opportunities are endless!
Who are we looking for?
- People with strong interpersonal skills who are capable of inspiring and leading others
- Highly motivated individuals with a thirst for the challenge of a rapidly evolving industry
- Resilient and flexible candidates who are prepared to relocate every six months
- A passion for pursuing a career in the food industry
- A 2.1 degree or above in any discipline, although a 2.2 may be considered
- The scheme is open to graduates of all degree disciplines, although we are particularly interested in land-based, food related, life sciences, business management, marketing and languages graduates.
What to Expect
You will receive industry renowned training and have such an intense learning experience over the two years that you will be in an excellent place to secure your permanent role within the industry. Although we don’t guarantee graduates jobs after the two year scheme, they are ALL offered jobs because of the experience and knowledge they’ve gained. They say that your career is accelerate by 5 years by completing the MDS scheme! There are over 300 MDS alumni, many of whom are now senior figures in the industry, e.g. Jonathan Tremayne: now MD of IPL Produce or Andrew Staniland: now Buying Director at Aldi.
How to Apply
Initially there is an online application from our website (www.mds-ltd.co.uk/apply). Then there is a telephone interview and finally an assessment centre.
Key Contact information: For more information contact email@example.com. Also take a look at our social media accounts for more insight:
There are intakes in April & October each year and there is no closing date for applications, but get yours in soon to guarantee yourself a place!
Find University of Lincoln on Social Media: