“Dream NEW” Scholarship - New Zealand
Dreaming of the impossible is the first step towards making a change. Only by venturing into the unknown and stepping off the well-trodden path can new dreams and new ideas become reality.
The “Dream NEW” scholarship has been designed for students who dream big, crave adventure and set their sights on new horizons. It is for those wanting to realise their vision in the forward-thinking education climate of New Zealand – a country where innovation flourishes, and where people from all over the world come together to follow their dreams.
A New Zealand education encourages you to be open minded, creative and to dream new.
- You’d rather reach for the stars than live an ordinary life,
- You crave adventure and seek new horizons,
- People think you are crazy because you dream of the impossible,
… then you are the perfect candidate for the “Dream NEW” scholarship.
“Dream NEW” Scholarships are valued at up to NZD$ 12,500 (approx. 7,000 GBP) each and will allow you to study at one of New Zealand’s highly-ranked, world class universities and tertiary institutions. The scholarship will cover wholly or partially tuition fees for students undertaking a Study Abroad programme in Semester One or Two in 2018 (details vary between the institutions).
Seven of New Zealand’s universities and three of the Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics are offering the "Dream NEW" scholarship:
- Auckland University of Technology (AUT): 1 full scholarship at up to NZD 12,500
- University of Waikato: 1 full scholarship at up to NZD 12,500
- Otago Polytechnic (Auckland): 1 full scholarship at up to NZD 8,500
- Massey University: 3 partial scholarships at NZD 4,000 each
- Victoria University of Wellington: 3 partial scholarships at NZD 4,000 each
- University of Otago: 3 partial scholarships at NZD 4,000 each
- University of Canterbury: 3 partial scholarships at NZD 4,000 each
- Ara Institute of Canterbury (ARA): 2 partial scholarships at NZD 4,000 each
- Eastern Institute of Technology (EIT): 2 partial scholarships at NZD 4,000 each
- Lincoln University: 6 partial scholarships at NZD 2,000 each
Applicants must meet ALL the following criteria:
- Must be a EU (or United Kingdom, Norway or Switzerland) citizen or hold EU (or United Kingdom, Norway or Switzerland) residents status for a minimum of 2 years
- Currently enrolled at a tertiary institution in one of the 28 EU countries or the United Kingdom, Norway or Switzerland
- 18 years or above at the time of application
Applications are welcome from citizens (or residents) of all European Union countries or the United Kingdom, Norway or Switzerland for a “Study Abroad” Semester on undergraduate level as offered by the New Zealand universities and institutions.
Applicants must have English language proficiency in order to undertake courses in New Zealand. You will need to provide evidence of this in order to apply for the scholarship
How To Apply
Scholarship application form
You can apply for the "Dream NEW" scholarship application form online HERE. Your application will be accepted only if completed in English. Applications in other languages cannot be considered.
In addition to the application form, you must submit/ upload the below in order to complete the “Dream NEW” application. Further details are available in the online form.
- Official transcript/s of university/tertiary level qualification/s to date
- Evidence of English-Language proficiency
- Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- Copy of the photo ID page of your passport
- Online reference from your home university (professor, lecturer, etc.)
Video or text statement
Create a short video OR write a short blog/essay introducing yourself and explaining why you’re the right candidate for the “Dream New” Scholarship. Show us why you are a New Zealand fan; what you are dreaming of; which university you have chosen, explain what and why you’d like to study in New Zealand. Your statement should showcase your personality, creativity and your desire for New Zealand.
Statements can be submitted in one of the following formats:
- Video (maximum 2 minutes)
- Online blog / essay (maximum 1,500 characters, including spaces)
English language skills
Candidates must submit either:
- A scan of the certificate/s of English language proficiency you hold (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, DAAD, university tests etc.) OR,
- A letter from your current European university, confirming your English language proficiency.
The closing date for applications is 1st September 2017
For help with your application, please contact Careers & Employability via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01522 837828
More information can be found here: http://www.european-funding-guide.eu/scholarship/dream-new-uk