The '12 Days of Careersmas' Competition has been designed to keep you actively thinking about your future career and employability skills over the Christmas period.
Not only is it a chance to have a little fun creatively and win some great prizes but it's also an opportunity for you to focus on your own career journey. You can do this by updating your CV, creating your own business card, using social media as a professional extension of yourself, researching job roles alongside partaking in a couple of seasonal fun activities to keep things cinnamon and spice!
Entrants have to complete Task 1 and bring their submission to the Careers Centre as well as post on social media by 31st January 2019 and then complete 2 further tasks of their choice. A quick tip, to send photographs between your phone and PC quickly, simply send them to yourself on messenger.
1st prize will receive:
£20 food and drinks voucher from the Royal William IV pub.
Runners-up will also receive some goodies.
- Make a mood board/Pinterest board about your dream job and the skills required for it. Bring it into the Careers Centre by 31st January 2019 and post the image on Twitter and Facebook tagging us @UoLCareers
- Take a picture of 5 golden things.
- Decorate a gingerbread man in a profession of your choice.
- Take a picture with a mince pie.
- Have some rest, take a picture of your favourite decorations.
- Create a Busimas card (a business card with a seasonal theme).
- Take a picture of your milk, cookies and Busimas card left out for Santa.
- Christmas is a time for giving – write a note to Santa telling him where you are going to offer to volunteer next year.
Entries have to be submitted to the Careers Centre by 31st January 2019.
Winners will be chosen based on:
a) Completing the mandatory Task and 2 other tasks of your choice which have to be uploaded to our Facebook and Twitter feeds.
b) The quality of your design for the mood board/business card/pictures etc.